SEXUAL MISCONDUCT: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR AGENCY FROM LIABILITY
October 20, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm| $99.00
SEXUAL MISCONDUCT…how to protect your agency from liability!
Law enforcement officer sexual misconduct, both internal and external, has continued to be one of the most egregious forms of police misconduct. More officers are successfully criminally prosecuted for on-duty sexual misconduct or conduct that originated from an official on-duty encounter than for any other form of official misconduct. These occurrences erode any community capital an agency may have developed. Yet public safety agencies continue to avoid doing those things that can protect the agency and community from liability for these acts of misconduct by its officers. And agency actions to avoid potential liability will also create an environment that can actually eliminate or minimize sexual misconduct. This webinar will address:
- An overview of case law addressing public safety employee sexual misconduct
- Developing specific written policy that civil courts seem to demand and find enabling when there is an absence of policy
- Proactive supervisory practices that can make a difference in reducing or eliminating potential liability for sexual misconduct by employees
- Effectively investigating allegations of alleged police employee sexual misconduct
- Creating realistic training to address this known area of public safety employee misconduct
Instructor: Lou Reiter
Date: October 20, 2020
Time: 12-1:00 pm Eastern
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration for this webinar will give you access to the live session, as well as 30 days of access to the recorded version of the webinar once the live session has ended.
Group Viewing Encouraged: As few as just one attendee or a training room full; multiple attendees can view the webinar from one single location and each attendee can receive a certificate