EVEN MORE Recent Challenges to Garrity and Compelled Statements
September 17 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm| $99.00
This past February 2020, I presented a webinar on ‘New Challenges to Garrity and Compelled Statements.’ Nearly 100 attended this session. Following the George Floyd incident in Minneapolis in May 2020 there have been lightning fast developments, proposed changes, and actual changes in law enforcement. Many of those have or will directly affect our administrative investigations and personnel decisions. We’ve seen more criminal prosecution of officers, more rapid terminations of officers, and more oversight to our IA/OPS operations. The pandemic has caused many agencies to change how they conduct administrative interviews. All of these on-going developments have impacted how we should progress with police employee compelled statements. This webinar will address:
- Distant interviews – pros, cons and challenges
- External oversight and investigations of administrative investigations
- Termination without apparent consideration of collective bargaining agreements and local personnel protocols
- Heightened potential for criminal prosecution and renewed interest in the duty to intervene – are there options?
- Investigation and discipline decision making when considering these new criminal and administrative issues
Instructor: Lou Reiter
Date: September 17, 2020
Time: 12-1:00 pm Eastern
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration for this webinar will give you access to the live session, as well as 30 days of access to the recorded version of the webinar once the live session has ended.
Group Viewing Encouraged: As few as just one attendee or a training room full; multiple attendees can view the webinar from one single location and each attendee can receive a certificate