Developing A Reasonable Prescription Drug Policy for Law Enforcement Personnel
February 3 @ 2:15 am
The U.S. population appears to be addicted to prescription drugs. Law enforcement personnel are not immune from this national trend. The issue is a balancing need between public safety and individual medical necessity. Without a reasonable, effective written policy, your public safety employees will simply leave your agency to deal with the negative consequences of prescription drug use. Usually it will become evident when the employee is engaged in misconduct or in the aftermath of a critical incident like a shooting, jail death or tragic pursuit collision. This webinar will address:
- Current case law dealing with prescription drug use by public safety employees
- Can and should all employees be covered by this policy?
- What impacts will the rapid trend of legalized medical/recreational marijuana on our agencies?
- How do we balance public safety and employee rights/privacy?
- The elements in a reasonable, effective written prescription drug policy
Instructor: Lou Reiter
Date: March 19, 2020
Time: 12-1pm Eastern
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration for this webinar will give you access to the live session, as well as 30 days of access to the recorded version of the webinar once the live session has ended.
Group Viewing Encouraged: As few as just one attendee or a training room full; multiple attendees can view the webinar from one single location and each attendee can receive a certificate